Date:
Mon, 29 Jul 2013 08:47:58 -0600
> I then change out the lid and dump the alcohol/mite mix onto a large
> kitchen strainer with a coffee filter line perched on top of a 1
> gallon bucket.

Why not dump the bees and alcohol onto the strainer and forget the
screen on the jar?  A narrow-mouth jar is particularly bad for
restricting the flow and a pile of 300 bees makes a great filter.

I found I get better accuracy with fewer bees if the jar mouth is narrow
since the depth of bees on the screen is less.

Ideally the pile of bees on the screen should be less than three deep.