From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Jun 2008 07:16:26 -0500

> I don't know where you got the idea that we don't know we have Nosema
> Ceranae.

From my sources but even your website **does not say** N. ceranae is in
Canada. Instead in the first section under Biology you say:
"N. ceranae *may* have been introduced"

May?
(should be positive find?)

Has N. ceranae been found or not? If so how many years has N. ceranae been
in Canada? Looks like at least 10 years in the U.S. Last I heard 1998 and
still looking at old samples.

Our Provincial Apiarist (Alberta) has been taking about it for a
> couple years and for some time has confirmed its presence in Canada.

Why not say so at your website? Some of you fellow beeks (even on BEE-L)
might be finding right now that a confirmed find of N. ceranae has been
found in Canada.

>  Both spores are pictured on the right large enough that one can easily
> tell the difference in size.

easily?

I beg to differ. The spores are hard to tell apart and especially when both
nosema spores are in the same sample.

A couple other points which might help the site.

Under the following you could post Spain research and opinions as Canada is
only starting the fight against N. ceranae like the USDA-ARS.

Capabees,ca-redesigned
Biology
2.
The seasonal cycle of N. ceranae remains unknown.

( years of Spain research pretty well sums up seasonal cycle)

3.The impact of N.ceranae has not been determined, but some early research
suggests the effects are more severe.

suggests?

(I created waves with the USDA-ARS because they did not want to simply tell
us what Spain had learned and instead make us wait six years till they had
reinvented the wheel)

Thanks to the research from Spain tens of thousands of hives dying from N.
ceranae in the U.S. have been saved.

bob