From:
Isis Glass <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Nov 2005 14:40:17 -0500
quote:
Honeybees are clearly domesticated, that is, changed by the people that
manage them so that they "fit" with us better.

Hmmm. If they are so "domesticated" how come it is when I bumped into a hive
this morning they came boiling out and tried to sting the whizz out of me?
How come it is I have to carry this stinking smoke pot with me all
throughout the bee yard?

How come I can't work without a veil except for a couple of weeks in the
middle of summer, lest I get stung on the eyeball? Something from their long
distant past makes them head straight for a shining eyeball, and I can tell
you nobody ever bred THAT out of them.

isis