From:
Ted Fischer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 23 Apr 1998 12:33:48 -0400
Ian Watson wrote:
> Is it normal to have the odd wax
> moth larvae in comb, and to sell the extracted honey?
> And therefore....is it ok for me to sell this?

I think it is a bit unusual to get wax worm larvae in extracted honey,
but if brood is present in honey super frames, small bee larvae can
easily get spun into the extracted honey.  I would not sell honey
containing wax worm larvae or their droppings, even if it were strained.
(However, I might use it myself if it were adequately cleaned.)  On the
other hand, I would sell honey if strained free of bee larvae.

Ted Fischer
Dexter, Michigan USA