From:
Peter Borst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 18 May 2002 12:10:22 -0400
>You really want to know? Well, I think since there for
>years were about 600-650 commercial beekeepers in the USA
>nationwide and then since the early 1990s this has now
>fallen to about 450 commercial, that in the next
>two this number will now fall to about 100-150, maybe less
>due to contaminated combs from putting various dopes into
>colonies.

Could you please explain how you arrived at these figures? And also,
what do you mean by "commercial"? Isn't a commercial beekeeper anyone
who *sells* honey? There are thousands of such people in the USA.

>Remember in Nature there is no such thing
>as a complex hybrid! ONly in man's artificial world do they
>exist and we will all as a world industry now pay a high
>price for this.

Could you explain what you mean by *complex hybrid*? Then, perhaps,
we can determine if they occur in "nature".

I might remind you that beekeeping is a perfect example of man's
"artificial world". As far as I can tell, wild bees do not normally
live in boxes with frames of foundation, etc. In fact, in this area
there are no wild honeybees (Apis).

--

Peter Borst <[log in to unmask]>