From:
randy oliver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Sep 2013 07:23:04 -0700
>In the UK, the scientists at the Ministry's lab at York, who have
undoubtedly 'got their eye in'  still send samples for DNA analysis for
confirmation.

As I would expect them to.  And the variety of grape in France or
California is now confirmed by DNA analysis despite any good winegrower's
ability to identify varieties by sight and taste.

I've met plenty of scientists who did not recognize the difference in spore
shape in their samples until I pointed them out.  Just being a scientist
does not make one all knowing.  I've also sent off plenty of samples for
confirmation by PCR.

--
Randy Oliver
Grass Valley, CA