From:
Madeleine Pym <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 May 1999 14:56:46 +0100
OK back again on this one.

I spoke with my father and his method of clearing the skep, AFTER the bees
are driven out, is to put it in an empty brood box over a queen excluder,
and above the newly housed bees. They will nurse the brood until it has
emerged and then rob out the stores. Come the end of the year you can take
it away and it should be nice and clean throughout.

He asks me to reinforce that if any of you beekeepers out there try this to
be sure to only tap very gently indeed when driving the bees, because
otherwise the combs can become dislodged and it will ruin your hard work.

Best of luck anyone trying this one.

Madeleine Pym, London, England.