From:
Nick Wallingford <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 22 Dec 1996 11:08:20 +1100
To use the chat facility, you need a WWW browser that has Java
capability.  Both Netscape 3.0 and Internet Explorer 3.0 should be
suitable (though several people have had trouble, getting only the
'You need a Java enabled browser' message when they shouldn't have).

From the help screen:  "What kind of browser do I need to use
paraCHAT?  You need to use a web browser that is Java enabled like
Netscape 2.0, 3.0 or Microsoft Internet Explorer 3.0. If your browser
is not Java aware you wull not see the chat room but get a message."

Seems to work best if you let all the various code download
completely before you try to use the Connect button.  I've put the
'how to' basics at the bottom of the screen.  There is also a Help
button to more information.

I've been using it this morning with one other (Robin from Canada)
with no problems at all.  I've had a few various lockups, but not
sure if it is my own setup or the way the chat is set up.

Its been fun setting it up!

Chat Page:  http://www.wave.co.nz/pages/nickw/chat.htm

  (\      Nick Wallingford
 {|||8-   home [log in to unmask]