From:
rtaylor421 <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Jun 2001 12:07:22 -0400
Over the past years I have observed different processes involed in cleaning
equipment.  I have experimented with a pressure washer.  You start by naking
a cleaning box which is bottom board and deep hive body with a screen front
to cathch wax particles. Another screen section on top of hive body. then a
shallow super with a queen excluder with another deep hive body. You can
then set the frames in six of the frame rest. Start by cleaningf one side of
the frame witrh a 15 degree nozle tuen it around do the other site anf then
upo side down to do bottom of  frame and the underside of top bar. All wax,
propolis and other stuff is removed and the fraame is returned closae to its
original color.  Box es can be layed across the hive body and cleaned with
the water pressure as well as groves. Very little scraping is left. Thanks
for letting me share this with you

Ron Taylor
Lowcountry beekeepers
Cottageville SC