From:
Karen Kimball <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 25 Oct 2009 07:10:52 -0400
>What an awfull season. I hope it improves soon. Bloom is almost a month late
>and some of them have been lost due to frost.

That is how our spring was here in Maine. In spring we had late some frosts and lost allot of blossoms, some orchards have no apples this year. In June we had 2.5 days that the bees could fly record breaking rain the whole month, July was only slightly better. August was so so, some very humid hot days, fog and the bees did not fly much through that either. So we left the supers on late to try and get some honey. Now we are looking at different problems brought on by the poor season like having to join weak colonies in October.

I hope your season improves, ours didn't until September. I do not know if we made things worse by leaving the supers on late. I am putting away the wet supers knowing I will have to get to them in early spring because we will have hungry bees.

Karen