From:
James Morton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Oct 2000 14:23:32 +0100
Hello all,

When I tried this with the sort of small portable UV source sold for
looking for checking fluorescent security markings, I found that AFB
scales did not fluoresce, but pollen and other materials in the comb did
as Blane noted.

I believe that wave length of the UV source is important. A short
wavelength (high-energy) source may work where the commoner long
wave-length will not.

James

--

James Morton                    'Geertje', Canal Lock 92,
S.E Regional Bee Inspector      Windmill Lane, Norwood Green,