From:
Keith Malone <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 5 Oct 2003 23:30:35 -0800
Hi Dee, Keith & All,

Dee Lusby wrote;
> Yes, man sure has done a lot to get things out of balance,
> we are now trying to put back into before it's too late by
> creation of preserves and safe environments.

Reading my copy of Rachel Carson's "Silent Spring" she calls these things
that have got the environment out of balance as Elixirs of Death. It is nice
that we are creating safe environments but the damage is done, even these
safe environments have residues of pesticides and chemicals just as the ice
pack of the North and South Poles have. As Albert Schweitzer has said, "Man
can hardly even recognize the devils of his own creation." Like I have said
before pesticides have no place being placed in a bee hive where insects
live. I was told that it was a "Myth" that these pesticides that are being
used to control varroa dumb the bees and shorten their lives, I still say
that pesticides in the hives make the bees sick and out of balance.

Keith Benson wrote;
> Of course to adopt this simplistic position one must fail
> to see that the disease causing organisms are part of
> nature will always seek to maximize their reproductive
> rates.

I see a simplistic position like Dee describes as a way for bees to maximize
their reproductive rates if left to do it, but of course mankind has to help
them, in my opinion, by putting the bees back on to a cell size that is
closer to their natural cell size.

Keith Benson wrote;
> ('cause that is what living things do) . . . and you know
> where that leads.

Yes, prosperous honey bee colonies and parasites and diseases only as
prolific as the bees will allow, this is balance.
   . ..
c(((([
Keith (of no Elixirs of Death in the hives) Malone
Chugiak, Alaska USA
Caucasian Bee Keeper
http://takeoff.to/alaskahoney