From:
Al Needham <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 1 Mar 1998 21:35:11 -0500
On Sun, 1 Mar 1998 18:17:39 -0600 Allen Dick <[log in to unmask]>
writes:
>> ... could not find one queen...IS there a faster method of splitting
>> hives?
>
>This subject has been covered EXHAUSTIVELY in the past and also is
>covered in detail on http://www.internode.net/HoneyBee/Spring/mgmt.htm

Gee Allen, not to really take offense at the constant reminders
to Search BEE-L, which as I earlier vouched is well worth the
while and does cut down on Bandwidth...but...

In defense of those asking questions who may not have been on the
List for a long time....it does not somehow seem fair to keep
hitting every subject over the head with a reminder to
Search BEE-L.

The thought comes to mind, that if this is to be the case then
perhaps a List should be published that designates all the
specific subjects that have been discussed since the List began.

If that were to take place, then we would all belong to a List
that would have no messages for days on end.

It would need to be renamed from BEE-L to QUIET-L :-)

I think that your real point here is that many of the subjects
raised are probably techniques that are 'basic' to general
beekeeping..and that when one wants to raise a question
on a 'basic' subject, that it would be best to run a Search BEE-L
to see if the matter in question has been covered in the past
to the satisfaction of the question being considered.

If it has not, then the question should be posted to the List.

Another point to be considered....when someone relatively
new to the List sees themselves or others being hit over the
head about Searching/Bandwith etc., they can't help but notice
that our dear West Coast Old Drone, who you must admit is a bit of
a rambler, albeit a thoroughly enjoyable rambler from my point of
view...it must make them wonder what is going on here....as no one,
to my knowledge has ever chastised the Old Drone for his frequent lengthy
Bandwidth posts which can now and then get off tangent here and there. I
emphasize again that personally the Old Drone could talk
on about Banana Splits and I would thoroughly enjoy and digest his
comments with a smile.

So...maybe some pauses on chastisements are due for a
little spell :-) Y'all too Aaron :-)

Just my $3.00 bill's worth of wasting Bandwidth.

Al,
      <"Mailto: [log in to unmask]" >
           Scituate,Massachusetts,USA
 The Beehive-Educational Honey Bee Site
    Visit Ye Olde Honey Bee Book Shoppe
     http://www.xensei.com/users/alwine

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]