From:
Ivan McGill <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 May 1996 07:34:47 -0700
>In a message dated 96-05-13 16:12:31 EDT, [log in to unmask] (David Eyre)
>writes:
>
>>I think it might have been easier to give an address in Europe, as that's
>>where the message came from, and with a statement that he didn't want to cut
>>comb. I did in fact send him that information privately. My reason for doing
>>this? We are forgetting the basic ettiquette and not stopping to think
>>before we hit the send button!!
>>        PLEASE read headings and the address both incoming and outgoing, it
>>might help to reduce the general background babble!
>>                Best Regards to all, keep the faith.
>

>    Well, I didn't know any suppliers in Europe, but did give the ones I
>knew.  I'm sure Dadant and Kelly are willing to ship anywhere.  If there are
>suppliers in Europe, then someone who knows them may well supply them. I have
>no problem with that.
>
>   So excuuuse me!   I did, in fact, answer his basic question, before
>suggesting a low tech (cheap) alternative that he may not have known about.
>  Don't you think others might also be interested in this?    I like the
>glitz and glamour of high tech stuff, but I survive as a beekeeper by keeping
>costs down.
>
>[log in to unmask]    Dave and Janice Green,  PO Box 1200,  Hemingway,  SC
>29554
>
>Practical Pollination Home Page
>http://users.aol.com/pollinator/polpage1.html

The use of a empty frame seems to be a good way to get comb honey at the
peak of the honey flow. One time a forgot to put a frame back, was in a
hurry, the built a good comb from the inner cover down to the next frame.

I use what I call the KISS system. (I am only talking to myself when saying
it) KEEP IT SIMPLE STUPID. High tech, low tech whatever works I use.

Ivan