From:
randy oliver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Oct 2014 07:16:57 -0700
>According to Schacker (2008), the bees [in France] started

> >> to recover in 2005 and even larger numbers were seen in 2006

Thanks Bill.  Unfortunately, the above citation was for a highly biased and
speculative popular press book, and without supporting evidence, must be
considered as being apocryphal.  Especially since the claim is not
mentioned in the in-depth assessment of fipronil in 2013 by EFSA
http://www.efsa.europa.eu/en/efsajournal/doc/3158.pdf

The above review is quite thorough, and suggests that bee exposure to
sunflowers seed treated with fipronil could in some cases be right at the
edge of chronic toxicity, but in most cases below the level of expected
negative effects.  However, the authors are clear that there is a lack of
good field data.

If anyone on the List has actual evidence of bee health improvement linked
to the suspension of use of fipronil, I would very much like to hear of it.

--
Randy Oliver
Grass Valley, CA