Date:
Mon, 15 Feb 2010 21:26:23 GMT
>>I am sorry but I simply don't see how using the word "contaminated" is reflecting reality.

But contaminated is the proper word to describe the situation.  If you are a farmer, like a lot of family farmers, who saves his own seed for next year's crop and one of your neighbors happens to grow GMO seeds, Monsanto will come after your with their lawyers for 'stealing' their patented seed.  Even if they find only a few plants from contaminated seed on your land, they will sue you.  www.organicconsumers.org/Monsanto/farmerssued.cfm
Keep in mind, you did not steal their seed, you did everything the same way you had done and your father had done before you.  But because their air borne GMO pollen contaminated some of your seed, they'll claim you infringed on their property rights and either force you to buy their seed or run you into bankrupcy.  It's really bizarre.
Waldemar

plb

Access BEE-L directly at: