From:
"Walter T. Weller" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 May 1998 20:57:20 -0500
Here in my part of east-central Louisiana (hills, north of the
tallow-tree belt) we've had no rain in May, and the flow has suddenly
dried up.  The big workforce of bees has nothing to do and they're just
hanging around looking for trouble.  Two weeks ago I went through the
hives in short sleeves.  This week they come to meet me ten yards away
with fists clenched, and sting through gloves and beesuit.  I just got an
e-mail note from the landowner at one beeyard ten miles from here
(seriously allergic to stings) who ended up in an emergency room Saturday
night after several hours of dosing himself with Benedryl and epinephrine
to no avail.  He's OK now, but I'm not leaving those bees on his place
anymore.  Good thing we've been friends since childhood.

Walter Weller
Post Office Box 270
Wakefield, Louisiana  70784

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]