From:
Kathy Hough <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 31 Oct 1997 13:22:54 -0500
Ian Watson wrote:

> Let's not start a popularity contest.

It's not a popularity contest, and couldn't be since I don't know many
of the people mentioned.  The reason for mentioning other folks and
pointing out the quality of information being disseminated, instead of
just flaming Andy, was an attempt to bring some positive information to
a new beekeeper who'd just been a casual victim of Andy Nachbauer's ego.

Truth is, IMO (& others who've E-mailed me), the entire post that
contained the put down of Scott Kline would have been more appropriately
sent as E-mail from Andy to Adrian Wenner and not posted to BEE-L at
all.  There was nothing in it for the rest of us, and the part that
questioned Scott's choice to go to his local authorities was written
with an adolescent "I'm so cool and wouldn't have made *those* choices"
attitude that IMO doesn't belong on any list or news group.

Further, when I read Andy's response to Scott's hurt/upset post that
started with " 'Water under de bridge"  I was shocked! What? no
apology?  Most people, on most lists and groups would have apologized
for wounding someone.. even if someone overreacted (which i don't think
Scott did).

> And while we're at it, let's keep the
> >quoting< to a minimum.....

Ask Andy to quit droning on so....  I attached only the pertinent posts.

Kathy