From:
"Mark A. Templin" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Aug 1994 09:47:46 -0700
Due to the number of bugs encountered when attempting to download or GET
files from the ag.arziona.edu FTP site related to the PC-REDAPOL software,
I have devoted a great deal of time in order to remedy the situation.

Here's what I've found so far...

The only Internet connection that we currently have is on two Macintosh
computers here in the lab and one of them happens to be mine.  I translated
the PC-REDAPOL files into Mac format and uploaded them in MacBinaryII
format.  Oops.  It turns out that that format is not compatable with DOS
binary protocol.  I'd suspected that at first and based upon the similar
errors which have been reported so far, that seems to be the problem.  I'm
not positive, but all of the text files seem to have no problem when it
comes to Mac translation.  The executable code suffered major damage,
though.

The problem has been resolved as of 12:00 MST 8/2/94.  I dumped all files
in the /pub/usda/PC-Redapol directory and uploaded a .zip of the necessary
PC-REDAPOL files.  Text files will follow; however, .executable files will
remain .zipped.  The archive is not self-extracting.  (We don't have the
correct version of PKZIP to do so)

I am sorry for the delay and mishaps as a result of our Internet mess here.
 All other .zip files downloaded prior to Monday of this week are
considered partial and probably contain many checksum errors as a result of
the MacBinary upload protocol.  Any .zip file under 150Kb is incomplete.

Cheers,
Mark.

|  Carl Hayden Bee Research Center      |  Mark A. Templin--                 |
|  United States Dept. of Agriculture   | +--------------------------------+ |
|  Agriculture Research Service (ARS)   |  <gov address to come....>         |
|  2000 East Allen Road                 |  -- Currrent Mail: -------         |
|  Tucson, AZ 85719                     |  [log in to unmask]  |
|    Fax (602) 670-6493     FUN! =)     | Feliz cumpleanos a Titulo de Dueda |
|  La Dueda Testigo de la Historia:   Quinientos Anos de la Dueda en Espana! |