Date:
Mon, 15 Oct 2018 09:13:47 -0400
Hi all
I don't see that the research on propolis vis-à-vis honey bee health has led anywhere. Ten years ago, this

> Tests on the activity of propolis against P. larvae were conducted both in Brazil and Minnesota, USA using two resistance assay methods that measured zones of growth inhibition due to treatment exposure. The propolis extracts from the various states of Brazil showed significant inhibition of P. larvae. Additionally, the majority of the Brazilian propolis samples were more effective than the few collected in MN, USA. Due to the evolution of resistance of P. larvae to conventional antibiotic treatments, this research is an important first step in identifying possible new active compounds to treat AFB in honey bee colonies.

In vitro study of the antimicrobial activity of Brazilian propolis against Paenibacillus larvae
EMAF Bastos, M Simone, DM Jorge, AEE Soares, M Spivak
Journal of Invertebrate Pathology 97 (3), 273-281