From:
"J. Waggle" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Jan 2006 14:08:17 -0800
--- Jerry Bromenshenk <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

> Answer, using marked bees dumped out along a road
> about 1000 ft from a
> commercial bee yard was clear.  The 'lost' bees
> found the beeyard almost
> faster than the student could drive over.

I wonder if by taking a few bees from your colonies
when bee lining distant locations it would be a good
way to speed up the the process.  I'm not meaning to
follow these bees, but use them as messengers to
quickly notify nearby ferals where the reward is.

Also, I'm looking for information about how to conduct
a survey of feral colonies.  Or links to surveys that
were done.
Anyting about feral honeybees would be great.
Please send to my inbox [log in to unmask]

Best Regards,

Joe Waggle ~ Derry, PA
‘Bees Gone Wild Apiaries'
My Site: http://www.biologicalbeekeeping.com