From:
"MORGAN, ANTHONY" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 15 Dec 1995 19:44:36 GMT+0100
Hei all!

 P-O Gustafsson wrote:
> One thing I belive need to be taken into the discussion is the effect different
> races of bees have to winter behaviour.............clip clip
> Most people in nothern Sweden use Carnica or the old scandinavian black bee
> (mellifera mellifera).

Here in my part of norway 99% of beekeepers have carnica bees
(carniolan?) and a few have what I believe is called the western
 european honey bee ie. mellifera mellifera.

A plea everyone one the list:
Could you indicate which bee race you have when you give
practical tips etc.? I know carnica, for example,
are quite different in colony development etc. from for say
 italian bees.
Such differences can be important!

cheers, Tony

Anthony N. Morgan (Tony)                 Fax: +47 73 89 62 86
"Stavshagen"                          E-mail: [log in to unmask]
Midtsandan                               Sor-Trondelag College
7563 MALVIK                              Elec. Eng. Department
Norway                                   7005 TRONDHEIM, Norway