From:
"J. Waggle" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Jul 2007 19:30:38 -0400
>Joe made the points above.  Can you supply  the references for these
please.
>Whilst it may be well known, nothing better than being able to quote the
>source to reinforce an argument.

Hello,

I’m not in any argument,
just asking a question to list members for a little info article I am
writing for homeowners about the benefits of pollinators.  The hope is
that it will help convince them to keep that feral colony live out it’s
existence in their house or hollow tree out back that grandpa planted.

Do Pollinators have Value as a Carbon Offset?

Does their pollination they provide play a substantial role in the
absorption of carbon from the atmosphere as a result of embryo growth in
the pollinated flower?

As previously mentioned, we do know:

====>

http://www.scielo.br/scielo.php?pid=S1677-
04202006000300007&script=sci_arttext

"After pollination, net CO2 assimilation rate (A) is increased due embryo
growth (Pimentel et al., 1999b),"

====>

http://www.cnr.vt.edu/DENDRO/forestbiology/htmltext/chapter3.htm

“It is known that apple trees with fruit present have higher
photosynthetic rates than when the fruit is removed”

(Higher photosynthetic =’s more carbon uptake.)

====>

http://environment.newscientist.com/article/dn12058-nitrogen-pollution-
drives-trees-to-soak-up-more-cosub2sub.html

"Young, rapidly growing trees take more carbon from the atmosphere than
old trees,"

====>

Best Wishes,

Joe Waggle ~ Derry, PA ‘Bees Gone Wild Apiaries'
FeralBeeProject.com
http://pets.groups.yahoo.com/group/H...neybeeArticles