From:
Aaron Morris <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 31 Oct 1997 09:34:07 EST
Hi Paul,

Late swarms were very common in these parts last season (Fall '96).
Mites peaked in fall '95, major losses between fall '95 and spring '96,
late swarms in fall '96, but little mite pressure since things crashed
in '95-96.  Things were 'normal' this season.  In other words, the late
fall swarms were strange, but followed a season of little to no mite
pressure and no one would have attributed the late swarming to mite
pressure.  Perhaps there was a pressure for late swarms in this area
due to the void left in feral populations.  But it was all speculation,
no one ever figured it out.  Andy would love this!

Aaron Morris - I think, therefore I bee!