Date:
Tue, 7 Apr 2009 08:14:49 -0700
> Ps. Did you ever try the cork method Dr. Farrar used to move the bees
> around in his brood boxes Allen?

Actually, I can't recall. That was over 35 years ago.  I did the whole
two-queen thing though.  The one thing I recall was how easy the wintering
was compared to after going to single queens.  All I needed was a slab of
insulation on top of the hive and Bob's your uncle.

How did that cork thing go?  Was that plugging an unplugging holes in the
front to move bees up?  If so, use that effect to some extent in splitting
to this day but without corks.  I hide the lower entrances to move bees up
to the split on top (but the bees tend to move to a new hole placed higher
anyhow).  I have auger holes in all my brood boxes, but not supers.