From:
Andy Nachbaur <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 18 Apr 1998 07:25:11 -0700
At 10:57 AM 4/18/98 +0100, you wrote:

>He suffered severe swelling for a few days. He is on medication to control
>uneven beating of his heart.

>The same man was stung twice last year - 1 sting each time separated by
>about a month and he had little reaction. He told me that he was not on the
>medication last year. Is there a relationship between medication and the
>severity of reaction to bee venom.?

>My question is this - Am I putting these people at risk by having a beehive
>in my back garden right beside them?

Hi Tom,

If you lived in California you would already have been told by your dream
defence team preparing for your trial that if you had moved the bees at the
time the first person was stung you would not be looking to appeal the
$2,000,000 judgement your neighbor was awarded at your first trial, your
city would not have outlawed all beekeepers, and your lawyers would not be
selling your former home to pay their fees. All because of the small print
found in most insurance policy's that says you should have used common
seance and did what was necessary to protect your neighbors after the first
attack by your super aggressive bees.

Actually I would start looking for another place to keep my bees before all
the troubles begin.

When I was still in high school my family was threatened by a law suit by a
neighbor who lived miles up the road who had been stung and missed time on
his job as a Brain Surgeon... He had heard that I kept a hive of bees, I
had about a dozen at the time on my folks secluded ranch a mile off the
road and out of view from anyone not on our property.

The Brain Surgeon was serious and had just moved out in the country from
the city. After meeting with our insurance agent my Mom did what she was
told to do by him and our family attorney. The next time the Brain Surgeon
called she invited him over to discuss his problem. He never showed
up...and we never heard from him again?

The rest of the story....Mom also told the Brain Surgeon a little white lie
about having  beehives all around our home and that he was welcome to come
over and talk about his problem or he could call our attorney. He opted to
call the attorney who told him to buzz off and that unless he got the bee
who stung him registration number, as all bees are registered in California
and branded, he would not have any bite of our apple's. Anyway all this
proved that even Brain Surgeon's have brains and we never heard from him
again. I also had to go have a long heart to heart talk, so to say, with
our family attorney to understand better the risks of keeping bees to my
families wealth and was told that I should consider another hobby like
rearing worms or something. I made no changes which proves that Beekeepers
once bit by the bee bug have no brains as I should have went on to
university and been a Brain Surgeon.

Good Luck with Your Bee's.

ttul, the OLd Drone
http://209.76.50.54

(c)Permission is given to copy this document
in any form, or to print for any use.

(w)OPINIONS are not necessarily facts. USE  AT OWN RISK!