From:
Aaron Morris <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Feb 2000 09:48:40 -0500
This message was originally submitted by [log in to unmask] to the
BEE-L list  at LISTSERV.ALBANY.EDU.  It was edited to remove quotes of
previously posted material.

------------ Original message (ID=49622FA8) (73 lines) -------------------
From: "Medhat Nasr" <[log in to unmask]>
To: peter dillon <[log in to unmask]>, [log in to unmask]
Date:          Sun, 20 Feb 2000 20:27:22 EDT

Hello Peter,

This product (Gaucho) has been approved in Canada this year. It will  be
used
for the first time on Canola this year, 2000. It will be interesting to see
what is goning to happen to our bees. Bayer says that Gaucho did not
cause the problem in France. It could be something else!!
Beekeepers should keep open eyes and watch what is going to happen to
their bees.

Medhat Nasr

> I would be most grateful if anybody has any info. on bee colonies before,
> during and after field contact with the molecule IMIDACLOPRIDE - as found
> in the systemic seed treatment product "Gaucho"(Bayer)....

Medhat Nasr, Ph.D.
Research Scientist,
Ontario Beekeepers' Association
Dept. Environmental Biology