From:
George_Willy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Sep 1996 23:46:16 +0500
Deb & Greg:
        Since the first year of beekeeping in my life I have made all of my
own woodenware and as of this winter, now that I have enough wax stored up
I will Be producing all of my own foundation.  I have found that a shaper
or router are not necessary and use my table saw set up with a jig to hold
the front and back panels of the hive body stationary with the saw blade
centered.  I rig up the saw with a Dado set to 7/8" or the widest I can get
it. Being that the hive body is or should be 7/8" in thickness I set the
Dado's to 5/8" in depth.  With the saw running I slowly lower the panel
over the dado within the jig untill flat with the table top.  Then I lift
it off and all's done.  Some of the oldtimers will say that this is not a
goodway to do it because the bottom edge is square and not beveled and will
catch water.  I have found that this is not the case however if you prefer
a lower beveled edge you might set up a jig to slide the panel to a stop
and as you did this the dado would ease it's way into the stock.Hope you
can understand this. If not send me a message and I will try to clarify it
up.
        George from the beautiful Northeast Kingdom of Vermont
P.S. Anybody outthere want to buy a large house up here that used to be our
home with 10 acres of land (or more) and a pond and beautiful views for
85,000.