From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Feb 2007 08:04:16 -0600
Hello John,Dee & All,
For the sake of honest testing I will add some fully drawn SC comb.
Dee has always said to get the varroa control you need to drop to the 4.9mm
cell size. Not 5.0 or evn 5.1 which is natural for my area.

Dave Mendez (Florida commercial beekeeper) is going down in two steps. 5.1mm
first and then giving the bees 4.9mm.. I believe Dave plans to simply sell
off the new drawn 5.1mm. comb boxes as he down sizes if I understand Dave
correctly. Dave has been selling off already most of his 5.3 mm comb.

I have suggested before that a writer for the bee magazines should document
his progress but too far for me to travel.

Does small cell work? Don't know but I am testing.

I have been a backer of those not afraid to try new methods but skeptical of
the small cell claims.

I suspect John & Dee are suggesting the fully drawn to make sure my testing
is not done on comb which is not a true 4.9mm cell size.

I respect that and will add. After all I am wanting to solve a riddle which
has plauged BEE-L for many years.

Bob

--
believed to be clean.