Date:
Wed, 22 Jan 2014 20:53:06 -0800
>>>  That is a wrong statement. There is not such thing as direction of sun's 'gravity'.

I may not have stated it correctly scientifically, but that is a scientific fact.  The sun exerts a gravitational effect on the earth, and it comes from the sun's position.  My hypothesis is that the bees can detect the angle of the sun and it's apparent movement north and south of the equator as perceived from here on earth, and that as the sun's apparent position moves northward, the bees detect that and initiate increased brood rearing.

Wonder what would happen if the bees were moved to Australia a day before our winter solstice.  Would the bees increase brood rearing to the degree that they would if they remained here in the northern hemisphere?

Mike in LA