From:
Dee Lusby <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Oct 2011 21:22:33 -0700
--- On Wed, 10/26/11, allen <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

True,  Not only that, Stan, but I was giving Dee a poke.

She was the one who made me aware of the history and the Treaty as we
drove around not too many miles north of the border.

I'd have thought she would be more sympathetic.  She was then.

But that was then and this is now.  Nogales was not that nice back then and
is worse now, I am sure, and she is closer to the border.

reply;
Yes, things are much worse south of here when I talk to beekeepers or those that know beekeepers across the border.

continuing:
To relate this to beekeeping, though, things are far more complex and we are
not going to see anything like that with bees. Too many agencies are involved.

reply:
Yes for not seeing what one would expect, for things are worse south again with kickbacks not factored into selling price coming across the border, or forced mangement guidlines to even keep keeping honeybees.

continuing:
A few decades back, I shipped a semi of bees in hives to Arizona. There is
absolutely no way I could do that today, and no way a Mexican shipper could
either.

reply;
That I would not bet upon knowing the strength of clicks south of border and stores of how some work.