From:
John Partin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Jun 1999 16:33:15 -0400
ED I would advise you to draw your comb first and then make your splits.
It is very hard to get a split to draw foundation and build up.
   It is better to do your splits in late Jan. or early  FEB. and catch
the willow in March then the blackberry.  Your split should be strong
enough to make a good crop of galberry and palmetto by then.
   I have some real good friends that come down from MI every year and
make three fram splits with cells and make about a half a crop of orange
in March.  By the time they get to pollination in MI in MAY they have a
real strong hive of bees.  They also get to come to FLORIDA for the
winter, get their num. straight and usually make enough honey to pay for
it all.
BUD