From:
"Peter L. Borst" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Jul 2008 20:31:57 -0400
I have received information about a new product being sold to treat
bees. It apparently contains humic substances, namely humic and fulvic
acid, and 70 organic trace minerals. There have been many astonishing
claims made about the value of humic substances. Evidently it can cure
any number of serious disorders, as in this testimony:

> For three years, I have been house bound due to Hepatitis C. Since taking [brand name suppressed], I have reduced my viral load in just 60 days. I feel more energetic, can travel again and have recovered from the side effects of past medications. Thanks for giving me my life back. Cass Sornson, Utah

> Humic acid treatment for viruses that are linked to: Cancer, Influenza, Cold sores, Colds, Warts Flu,  West Niles, Herpes (even under stress),  Shingles, Hepatitus, HIV, Insect and rodent borne diseases, Yellow fever Norwalk virus (cruise ship sickness)

> Humic extract deposits exist in areas where prehistoric vegetation was once abundant. These humic extracts (humic and fulvic acid) contain pure, preserved, prehistoric plant deposits found in approximately 77 trace elements and minerals.

What they are talking about is an extract from peat. Peat is an
accumulation of partially decayed vegetation matter. Peat forms in
wetlands or peatlands, variously called bogs, moors, muskegs,
pocosins, mires, and peat swamp forests. The idea of giving peat
extracts to animals is not new:

Peat as a feed supplement for animals

> Peat is an easily available natural material and a source of biologically active substances widely used, not only in agriculture but in human and animal medicine as well. In recent years, interest in the use of peat as a feed supplement has increased. Beneficial effects of various peat preparations on digestion, growth and the immune systems of animals as well as the absorbent and detoxifying capabilities are associated with the high content of favorable humic substances.

Swamp water cure. Wish I had thought of it.