From:
Charles Linder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Nov 2015 08:08:48 -0600
Jim,  Love your work,  but at times you have a very narrow view.   In this
one all you think matters is your view of protecting your bees without
telling anyone where they are,  or conceding anything.

One thing maybe at your age you still need to learn.  The concept of a Win/
Win situation  it takes effort from both sides,  not much in real life is
needed to to have a winner and a loser.....hard pill for many to swallow.

I have a different view.  I don't own very much of the acreage my bees
forage. (far less than 1%)  and those acres are used to feed the world,
even clowns the live in cites and I would just as soon not feed.  I don't
plan to use the courts to make my bees the most important thing in the
world.  Love as I do,  they are not.

I also have faith in my neighbors.  I talk to them,  and share my honey,
and they share the land.  And for that I am welcome.

I am guessing that situation is changing in some areas due to things like
the court battles going on,  and the bad press.   I also have no deep seated
anger against any company bigger than me,  with money.  It seem that's a
common trend in these debates.  "big this, big that"  no mention of the tons
of food they produce..  ever...  why is that many have the view that 30lbs
of honey is worth more than 1000 bushels of grain??

In the world,  we are not even close to discussing the extinction of a
species,  what were debating here is the land use.  Its also interesting to
me to note that the majority of the people batteling,  are not really
invested much.  They don't own the land,  and they are either hobbiest,  or
making a living off others properties.

At least there are a few more cooler heads like Mark to step up to the
plate.