From:
WILLIAM G LORD <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Oct 1995 10:40:37 -0400
I'll weigh in with my feeding methods.  I like gallon glass jars, you can
get them from any institutional food user (restaurants, Subway is a good
one).  Poke 3 - 6 holes with an 8 penny nail in the lid.  You can feed
one jar at a time with a plywod lid with a single hole drilled in the
center or invert up to 5 inside an empty deep box.  Glass jarrs let you
see the level of sugar and the amount of crud in the jar.   I use a 55
gallon
plastic tank with a small electric motor (Finco brand) that I have a 50
ft garden hose attached to.  You can fill a gallon jar in about 30
seconds and there is no lugging and sloshing sugar water around the bee
yard.  The pump will run off a 12 volt battery and is easy to rig up.  you
can get the pump/tank combination at many farm stores, they are set up to
spray pesticides, just take off the spray wand and hook up a hose.  Mine
was about $150 and it saves a lot of time and even more mess.

Bill Lord
Louisburg, NC

--
WILLIAM G LORD