From:
John Wolford <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 4 May 1997 08:52:56 -0400
I have one hive that was determined to be queenless and have laying
workers.  I was advised to replace two frames from the laying worker colony
with two brood frames from the strong colony in liew of introducing a new
queen to the queenless colony.  I was told that the queenless colony would
develop a new queen possilby from these two new frames.  The introduction
of a new queen to the laying workers would result in conflict with the
confused bees and would ultimatly be killed.  Does anybody else have any
information or ideas about this?

Also, how long can you keep a hive unassembled without damaging the colony
during inspection.  Does it hurt  the colony to inspect more that once
monthly?

John M. Wolford
Liberty, KY