From:
Date:
Wed, 4 Sep 1996 16:16:47 -0600
Thanks for the plug.  We work with lots of schools and one of our goals
is to take Web page based materials and put them on classroom computers
in just the way that you described.  Many of our rural schools do not
have Internet connections.

As you pointed out, you can simply click and save the text part of the
code, click on the pictures with the right mouse button, and pull the
page down.  For our page, everything will work except the external link
to our Smithsonian Medal.

That still takes a bit of time.  For some pages, like Virtual Frog, the
web system is so fragmented, it is almost impossible.  Pages that use
frames and Java scripts may also present a challenge - the scripts are
often hidden in unaccessible directories on the Server.

However, at least for the University of Montana page, there is a much
easier answer.  All of our Web page files reside in a single directory.
We could place them on an ftp site, or we could send it to  you on floppies.

Because it is a large page (several Megs), it may be easier and faster to
send it by floppy.  I don't have funds to copy and mail floppies all over
the world, but for a donation sufficient to cover our costs, we could do
this.

If you are interested in getting a copy of our page, let us know.

And again, thanks for the recognition of our site.

Jerry Bromenshenk
http://grizzly.umt.edu/biology/bees