Date:
Sun, 4 May 1997 23:23:50 -0500
Okay, bearing in mind that this is our first hive... I have a question.

When we installed our bees, I removed five frames, set the queen cage
in between two frames and shook 3 lbs of bees in each hive.  I then
replaced 9 of the frames and left.   Several days later I went to
make sure the queens got out... they had, but I also found that the
bees had a small mass of comb in the space left around the queen cage.
I removed the cage and put the tenth frame in, not thinking much about
it.  But, now I wonder, with all of this extra thick comb in
there....have I violated the 3/8 space and will this cause the bees to
leave comb off of the adjacent frame?  Could or should I have removed
or cut this down?  Is this normal?  Maybe I do not need to do anything?

Thank You
Roger Carlson

--
Visit us: