From:
Rimantas Zujus <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Oct 1998 10:33:33 +0200
Hi, Beefriends

This year we had more wasps than usually. Since August I noticed wasps to be
very brave and aggressive. No nectar flow, no kindness. Some bee keepers
lost a part of their colonies. I limited hive entrances even to 4-5 cm (2")
and it helped.
There is a simple way to fight wasps using clear bottles (plastic or glass)
with some juice inside, for e.g. 20% of volume. The juice turn sour
(ferments), the wasps go inside a bottle, suck "vine", can't find exit, get
tired and drawn. Bees never go in.
The bottles should be hanged on tree branches among leaves in late spring.
Periodically you have to pour out the content (mixture of insects and
liquid) and pour in fresh juice.

Best regards

Rimantas Zujus
Kaunas