From:
Eugene Makovec <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Apr 2014 19:01:24 -0500
Excellent post on the TBH, Jim! But I am confused about one point in the
Honey Care Africa interview:

"I learnt very early on that most people are afraid of bees ... the hives
were not being maintained properly. We have since reorganised the system and
built a dedicated hive management team. Farmers own the hives and generate
the income but they do not have to conduct most of the inspection,
harvesting and general management of the hives."

So it sounds like the beekeepers here are the Honey Care staff; the farmer
just buys the hive and collects the revenue? Isn't that kind of like giving
a man a fish instead of teaching him how to fish?

Eugene Makovec
Missouri USA