From:
Walter Zimmermann <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 9 Jun 2007 20:21:18 EDT
I as many have found plastic foundation a pain.
The all plastic ones split in the extractor and are flimsy.

I got heavy into it some years ago and have slowly relegated them to the
garbage bin.
Even with a good flow on the bees didn't draw them out completely as the  wax
foundation
A fellow told me to alternate them with wax frames and claimed the bees had
no choice but to work on them.
Plastic is great for  drone brood in controlling varroa and the  surface can
be scraped clean after it's capped and then you start all over  again.
What puzzles me is  that if this stuff is used by some in the brood  chambers
and the person discovers foulbrood, then are they putting this stuff in  the
garbage or are they as the law up here anyways requires,
burning the frames and what about that pollution from the plastic?

Walter
Ontario