From:
randy oliver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Jan 2017 07:54:05 -0800

> >USDA Scientists Have Been Put On Lockdown

A letter that I sent to California's agricultural newspaper this morning:

Dear Editor,

I am a beekeeper/grower, and long time Farm Bureau member and Ag Alert
subscriber.  I follow USDA ARS research closely.  A recent decision by our
new Administration is alarming:

(I here quoted Pete's post)

Our agricultural community deserves better than this.  The ARS researchers
work hard for us, funded by taxpayer dollars.  As both a taxpayer, as well
as one who benefits from the gained knowledge of these researchers, I abhor
this censoring of them.  Their findings should be released transparently,
rather than filtered through an Administration.  Here in California, ARS
researchers need to be able to speak freely of the agricultural
implications of climate change (which are strongly felt by us beekeepers),
as well as on pesticide and water issues.

Could you please alert your readership to this inexcusable censoring?  I've
copied the presidents of the two national beekeeping organizations, as well
as the California State Beekeepers Association.

*******
Bee-L members, write your congresspersons and have your state organizations
write letters.

--
Randy Oliver
Grass Valley, CA