From:
Bobby R Fanning <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 5 Oct 1996 21:40:13 -0500
Guy McDonald wrote:
----------
> I wonder if honey labels come on 8x11 sheets....I could feed it thru my
> printer.  I have only seen them on rolls.

I print my labels using a $9.95 program that I got from "Office Depot"
called "MyLabel 2.0.0".   Office Depot does have the 8 1/2  x 11 sheets of
"Avery" labels (not sure the number, they are 4 in. x 1 7/16 in.) but
the cost is out of line relative to the same label in a 10,000 label,
fanfold box (100 pc roll is also available).    I cut the "sheets" at each
fanfold and feed them thru my HP 855C as one would a legal size envelope.
Works great.   The color ink is not tolerant to moisture so I spray the
finished label with clear "Crylon".

I imported clip art flowers from some other "Windows" type application and
added them to the very limited choice that comes with the $9.95 package.

Another trick that works for me is to use a different flower for each
different size jar that uses the same size label.   So far, this has kept
me from errors such as putting a "1 Qt." label on a "1 Pt." jar.

In my case, as a small beekeeper, it is my opinion that the non
professional label seems to be beneficial to the limited market of
individuals I sell to.

Bob Fanning
Huntsville, AL