From:
randy oliver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Dec 2009 07:03:03 -0800
>I do not care what researchers think or hypothesis about pesticides. I care

> about the the science can prove in a court of law.

Bob, I'm not sure that you understand about the science.  "Science" doesn't
"prove" anything, and "science" doesn't go to court to prosecute anyone.

I've looked at some court cases.  In those that the beekeepers used
"science" poorly, they lost.  When they used it well, they won.  The problem
isn't the scientists, it's the beekeepers not understanding the legal
system, and what constitutes the burden of proof.

> >Have you read the December Bee Culture article by Reed Johnson "When
> varroacides interact"?

Yes, I've been corresponding with Reed for over a year, and wrote about his
findings some time ago.  In fact, this past week I sent an email to Reed and
the other pesticide researchers suggesting that they look into the
detoxification interactions in almonds, where the bees must detoxify
amygdalin in the pollen as well as pesticides, fungicides, and
beekeeper-applied miticides.  No one had thought yet to do so.

> >Explains quite a bit about what is killing hives in many commercial
> operations in my opinion.

I've written about this very thing in ABJ.  Beekeepers don't want to hear
it!

> >Also explains in my opinion why many are keeping good bees. Clean comb &
> control varroa and nosema & provide good nutrician and you get good bees.

Bob, you've got me curious.  Some months ago you posted that many commercial
beeks that you knew were keeping healthy, strong colonies on contaminated
combs, and you had backed off on your recommendation to replace them.  What
has now changed your mind?

Randy Oliver