From:
Roy Nettlebeck <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 23 Feb 2002 08:55:38 -0800
Allen Dick wrote:

> I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with special types of glues for
> use in assembling hives.
>
> .
>
> I need a glue that is quick-setting and permanent -- 50 year life -- in the
> kind of conditions we experience.  Heat, moisture, and rough handling are
> normal in Beekeeping applications.
>  Hi Allen,

  I use Gorilla Glue. It is the best glue for wood that I have found. It
expands 4 times its volume as it sets up. It should be clamped for at least one
hour. I use nails or staples so its not a problem for time. They call it " The
Toughest Glue on the Planet Earth ", I can't go against that so far. Its made
in Denmark and Lutz File & Tool Co. imports it into the US.
www.gorillaglue.com has some more information.
Note: Put thin rubber gloves on when you work with it. Once it starts to set up
, it will not was off with anything. I mean anything.
I have used it for 3 years now and you can't break any joints , even with
moisture in the wood. Get a small one and try it out. Its a little spendy. Not
too bad if you buy 32 FL. oz or larger.
I hope that helped.
Roy