From:
Bill Truesdell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 21 Jul 2007 17:02:03 -0400
Dee Lusby wrote:
> Jim Smith writes:
> No argument here, but pyrethroids are insecticides...
>
> Reply:
> And so you saying that pyrethroids are not also pesticides?
>

> So what are we doing now, making class distinction between
> treatments by so-called names though each class certainly
> kills bees.
Insecticides are a subset of pesticides. Pesticides can also include
herbicides and fungicides, for example. If you look to see the most used
pesticides in the US, they are mostly herbicides, like roundup, not bug
killers. Pesticides like weed and fungus killers do not necessarily kill
bees (but some can).

Bill Truesdell
Bath, Maine