Date:
Thu, 20 May 2010 07:43:32 -0700
Some of my hives are almost full of honey, but they don't seem to be finishing off the capping.  I look at the frames of honey and the cells seem almost full.  This is true for a lot of frames in the supers.  But, am I just too anxious?  Do I need to wait for just a little bit longer?  We are closing in on the end of the main honey flow here and I'm wondering if the bees just are no longer getting enough nectar to finish off the frames.  I don't seem to recall the bees going so long with full, uncapped frames of honey before.

Mike in LA
Anxious in Lower Alabama