From:
Mike McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 21 Feb 2010 03:12:46 -0600
On Fri, 2010-02-19 at 15:32 -0500, William Bartlett wrote:

> So I am asking that those on this list who live in this area if they
> would help this year when these trees come into bloom.

Last year, in Tennessee, it was raining most of the time the tulip
poplars were blooming.

The year before, I had the uncommon good sense to attempt to erect a
storage shed directly beneath a tulip poplar in bloom. By the end of the
day, my hair has glued to my head by all the nectar that had dripped
from the blooms. The following day, the roof of the newly erected shed
was covered with bees gathering the nectar that continued to drip from
the blooms. The area around my bees is heavily wooded with tulip poplars
that contribute to the bulk of my honey production.

Mike