From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Sep 2006 13:01:20 -0400
Hello Peter & All,
The method is quite common in fact but for years many aspects of large
commercial beekeeping were kept secret. I don't believe the method has ever
been discussed on any list before.

Allen Dick pointed to the method in his article on "moving bees in
daylight" published in Bee Culture years ago.

Even pulling supers with bees if the load of supers is to travel a long
distance to lower the amount of bees left in the hive after a honey flow.
Maybe the methods seem crude to the hobby beekeeper but they are used in
the commercial beekeeping industry.

I have used both methods talked about but please do not call Peta!

Sincerely,
Bob Harrison

Ps. If we do not hear from Allen Dick before long we will be forced to pay
the ransom asked as he must indeed be held hostage at some remote location.