From:
Joel Govostes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Apr 1996 18:02:08 -0500
Soon I'll be refurbishing an old Root 45-frame extractor.  Hand power.
(just kidding).  It's in great shape BUT galvanized, of course, and so are
a couple of honey tanks of similar vintage.  I've tried "Camcote" coating
on a galvanized tank before, but it cracked into tiny fragments which got
into my honey.  Can anyone recommend a type of enamel or other coating
which is food-safe and which will prevent honey from reacting with these
galvanized surfaces??   I hope to have the beast in operation this summer.
Or maybe I could use it as a planter out on the lawn.  Thanks in advance.